You know it is bad when I feel like I HAVE to share this with you...
I write this as I am still waiting in an empty house, for my items to arrive. I wish I could give one rating to the men who came and packed up my stuff, and another to the company, as the movers themselves were very professional, nice and a pleasure to work with. The company, however, has been one of the worst I have ever had the displeasure of working with.
One thing to know about this company is that regardless of what they tell you regarding details of your move, it is fact the fine print in your contract that matters to them, not what they have spoken to you about regarding your specific move.
- I was told VERBATIM on many occasions the the movers would be picking up my items on Sunday. I planned everything around this, including when I would be moving out, turning off utilities, etc. I even confirmed this date with Public Moving Services rep Veronica, via email, the Friday before. She informed me she had in fact received confirmation of this date by her supervisor, Emma. On Saturday evening I get a call letting me know they will be using the 'backup date' of Monday to pick up my items. BACKUP DATE? I never heard a word about this. After moving mountains, I was able to get my apartment to let me stay another day, as well as have other people help me out in my new location and attend to existing appointments and drop offs I had set up. During this confusion I was more than kind and understanding -- as they were quick to remind me, I had in fact signed a contract that included the possibility of a backup date, in the fine print.
- When I spoke with Veronica about setting up my move, obviously one of my questions was about how long it would take for my items to get to me. She let me know, after looking up my addresses, that it would be 2-3 days. This is something she later confirmed again over the phone. However, when I spoke with the movers, they let me know this was not correct and told me they would need to get a confirmed date and would let me know half-way through the packing process. OK, fine. Half-way through the packing process, I brought this up again and the foreman, Alex, called in to the office and let me know it would be on the following Saturday (5 days after pick up). Ok, fine. At the end of the packing, I confirmed this again with Alex, who let me know it was 100% confirmed.
- Saturday came and went with no arrival of my items. I emailed Veronica, called the office, etc. etc. The only responses I received were from Veronica who let me know she had 'nothing yet' regarding the time they would be coming on Saturday. Obviously they would not be coming at all...
- Sunday passed -- Monday I called Customer Service and spoke with Ellie Williams - she was borderline abusive in her tone and clearly set on being of ZERO assistance. She let me know that per the contract that yes, I did in fact sign, it can take up to 18 BUSINESS DAYS FOR MY ITEMS TO ARRIVE! What?! Having something in a contract does not mean you should tell your customers something that is inaccurate and/or leave them completely out of the loop when it comes to changes arising with the move! She refused to let me speak to anyone else, put me through to a bogus voicemail when I tried to leave a message for Emma, and told me that while she would not give me a timeframe, she would let me know about the update from the driver by this afternoon.
- Well, this afternoon I have spent no less than 3 hours on hold with this company, and on the 2 occasions that I made it to the front of the queue, I was picked up and hung up on. I am in SHOCK. It is now 5pm and no word from Ellie.
RUN RUN RUN from this company. They have zero regard for their customers and have no problem with telling someone what they want to hear in order to get a sale. Oh, and I should mention that I was quoted at $4k and the move cost $7k.
drew bailey scott
My raison d'etre: Seeking and experiencing that which improves my life in all areas. The purpose of this blog: to share those incredible discoveries with others, hopefully making their lives even better!